It was US election Day yesterday. I just remembered. They’ll have finished up voting in all the states now. God bless America. She needs it right now like the rest of us.❤️
For now, I’m choosing not to look at the news of the latest predictions. Instead I’m staring at a montage of inspiring visuals and words.
I sit facing my noticeboard as I write. Although ‘noticeboard’ implies reminders of things to do, there is none of that. Mine has,
- two vision boards – a general life one and a work one
- a New Internationalist calendar which features a different inspiring woman each month. FYI this month’s pin up is Tarana Burke, founder of the MeToo movement
- pictures and photos that call me in some way, like the cut out of a house which sits in a Celtic landscape near a sea estuary surrounded by a productive vegetable garden. Or the postcard of a llama with a unicorn horn sent as a thank you note from a friend. 🙏🏼😂
- a theatre token which reminds me of the things I dearly look forward to when lockdown lifts
- and some words, such as my current favourite question: What would ‘this’ look like if it was easy?
I think of these as notices from my soul to my soul.
The world, both inner and outer, may be La La at times, but there are a few key practices which help me stay centred.
Being mindful of the information I take in each morning is one of the ways I keep it real for myself.
I stopped watching the news many years ago. I stopped listening to it or reading about it before 9am.
I come in here each morning to stretch and meditate. I usually sit down at this desk at some point every day. These are the subliminal messages I’m giving my brain.
I start my day taking in what matters to me, filling my tank ready for the day ahead, loving myself first so I can show up in the way I want to throughout the day ahead.
This is how the flourishing woman starts her day: rooting herself in what really matters.
I’m wondering, how do you root yourself, dear friend?
Wishing you inner strength and resilience as you go about your day.
Let’s flourish together.